Many Nvidia users have reported that Nvidia control panel is missing from their windows computer.
Nvidia control panel is missing from their desktop menu. Usually this happens when you upgrade your windows version or waking PC from sleep mode.
Sometimes this issue gets very annoying. Don’t worry here are few fixes that you can apply.
1. Unhiding Nvidia control panel
Nvidia control panel may be hidden due to Windows upgrade. To enable Nvidia control panel at desktop content follow the steps below –
1. Press both Windows logo key + R and type in services.msc in run dialog box.
2. Updating graphics driver
Sometimes Nvidia Geforce experience error occurs due to corrupt drivers. It is advised that you continuously update your system drivers.
1. Navigate to the taskbar and right click on Nvidia Icon, then click on Nvidia Geforce experience. Nvidia Geforce experience window will be opened and it will automatically show you the latest drivers compatible with your system. Another method is to look for Corrupt Drivers in the system.
Finding or updating drivers one by one is a very time-consuming process. But I will make it easier for you. Download Driver easy software. This software automatically detects drivers which need to be updated.
Follow the steps below to update your windows drivers –
1. Install driver easy software.
2. Open driver easy and click on Scan Now button. This software will automatically scan drivers which need to be updated.
3. Then drive easy will show you a list of drivers which needs to be updated. Update them one by one. If you want to Update all drivers in one time you have to buy their Pro version.
4. After installing all drivers restart your PC and check steam won’t open issue is solved or not.
3. Reinstall Nvidia Graphics driver
If the above method doesn’t work. You can try reinstalling the Nvidia drivers. Follow the steps below to uninstall Nvidia driver.
1. Go to Device manager, find and click on Display adapters and then right click on Nvidia Geforce option and uninstall it.
2. Then head over to the Official Nvidia website and use the manual driver search option, configure your PC specifications and download the latest version available for your Nvidia Geforce.
3. Restart your system after installing a new Nvidia driver.
Fix3- Re-enable Geforce Experience
1. Open Run dialog box by pressing both Windows+R.
Then type in services.msc and click OK. A new service window will appear to go to Nvidia Geforce Service and double-click on it.
2. Set the startup type option to automatic. Repeat this process for Backend service.
4. Restart Nvidia Services
Restarting any specific program is the best way to solve any program issue. Follow the steps below to resolve Nvidia control panel issue.
Press both Windows logo key + R and type in services.msc in run dialog box. Then go to services tab in task manager and click on open services, next to gear icon.
Locate Nvidia services and open it.
5. Run SFC and DISM command.
Sometimes corrupted files in system lead to error. Run SFC scan and DISM command to repair and scan your computer.
1. Start, type and click and right click on command prompt and run as administrator.
In order to run SFC scan, type “scannow” and hit enter on keyboard.
2. To run DISM command type “dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth” and then press enter. Then restart your PC.
About Nvidia control panel –
Nvidia control panel is a application is developed by Nvidia corporation for hardware control.
When a user installs Nvidia graphics card on computer, Nvidia control panel is automatically setup while installing drivers.
It creates an interface fro Nvidia users to adjust graphics settings and configuration of Nvidia hardware.